PRSA-NY - Meet the Media: Healthcare & Technology
From wearables to big data to advancements in patient care – there’s no doubt that incredible innovation in healthcare technology is on the rise. Journalists reporting on this space are tasked with finding credible sources in a very noisy and highly-competitive market. To secure coverage, PR pros need to truly understand the role of technology in driving change in healthcare and master the art of turning complicated subject matter into a compelling story.
Join Melissa Baratta, senior vice president and healthcare practice lead at Affect and a panel of leading healthcare journalists for a lively discussion on the hottest tech trends, media relations best practices and the art of storytelling.
1. Rajiv Leventhal, Managing Editor, Healthcare Informatics
2. Brian Mastroianni, Freelancer and former Sci-Tech Editor at Large for CBS News
3. Robin Schatz, Assistant Managing Editor/Healthcare Editor, Crain's New York Business
This event will help attendees to:
- Craft pitches that translate complicated tech into a compelling and stand-out story
- Understand the latest trends in healthcare – straight from the mouths of top tier business and trade reporters
- Learn how to build a mutually beneficial relationships with healthcare reporters - and how this differs from other verticals
- Understand preferred methods for receiving pitches and ongoing communication
- Create and use data to secure coverage in a competitive, noisy market (e.g. AI, teleheath, wearables, big data and more)
6:00 – 6:30 PM Registration/Networking
6:30 – 6:40 PM Welcome & Opening Remarks
6:40 – 7:30 PM Program
7:30 – 7:50 PM Q&A
7:50 – 8:00 PM Closing Remarks
Student/New Professionals: $25
Anchin, Block & Anchin
1375 Broadway (btw. 37 & 38 St) 23 FL
New York, NY 10018
Photograph and Video Policy
PRSA-NY often photographs or records footage of its events and by attending the event you may be photographed or filmed. PRSA-NY may use any such footage to promote PRSA-NY in any manner and in any media for any purpose whatsoever throughout the world.
Reservations and cancellations will be accepted until 12 noon the business day prior to the event and must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not cancel by the deadline you remain responsible for the registration fee. On-site registration will be available (space permitting) for an additional fee of $5.00