30th Annual PRSA-NY BIG APPLE AWARDS
CONGRATULATIONS to all of the 2017 Big Apple award recipients and THANK YOU to the sponsors, partners and guests who helped PRSA-NY celebrate the tremendous work of our leaders, practitioners and clients during the 2017 Big Apple Awards Gala on Monday, June 12th at the Grand Hyatt New York.
“GRAND” was the theme for the evening as #PRpros from across the metro area came together to honor outstanding individual achievements in PR and recognizing the most innovative and strategic communications campaigns or projects of the previous year. For 2017, the entire Big Apple Awards slate was retooled to better reflect the current work, techniques, talents and tools of communicators, marketers, and creative professionals.
[See press release]
2017 BIG APPLE AWARDS: BY THE NUMBERS
- 200 industry professionals joined for the celebration honoring outstanding individual achievements in PR and recognizing the best communications, marketing and public relations work of 2016
- 56 crystal awards were presented across 54 campaign and spotlight award categories (two categories had co-winners)
- 52 unique campaigns and entries were selected as finalists
- 34 agencies and in-house communications teams were responsible for the award-winning work
BEST OF …
- Padilla and Niagara Conservation were named the Best of the Best and received two crystal “Big Apple” awards for their campaign titled “#What the Flush: Disrupting the Water Conservation Conversation.” [view entry]
- The Best Business/Campaign Outcomes title went to The TASC Group and Life Sci Advisors for “Not an Exact Science: Advancing Gender Diversity in Biotech.” [view entry]
- For the first time, two awards for Best Use of Research, Measurement and Evaluation, sponsored by the Institute for Public Relations, were presented. The first went to Burson-Marsteller and Bank of America for “Bank of America: Research, Relationships and Resources for Small Businesses” [view entry] while the second went to the in-house team at The New York Institute of Technology for “NYIT: The Future Is Ours.” [view entry]
INDIVIDUAL CHAPTER AWARD RECIPIENTS
The 2017 Individual Chapter Award honorees were:
John W. Hill Award for lifetime professional achievement
posthumous presentation to
Al Golin, Founder, Golin
accepted by Matt Neale, CEO, Golin
Philip Dorf Award for mentorship
Mike Fernandez, U.S. CEO, Burson-Marsteller
PRSA-NY President’s Award for outstanding service to the chapter and PRSA
Joan Cear, Senior Vice President, Kellen
The 2017 Big Apple awards were presented by Arthel Neville, Fox News Anchor, Journalist and TV Personality, and Cheryl Wills, Veteran Anchor for Spectrum News NY1. Doug Doescher, Imaging Director for CBS Sports Radio Network, was announcer for the evening.
ABOUT THE BIG APPLE AWARDS
The New York Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America established the Big Apple Awards program in 1987 to encourage excellence in public relations. The program has evolved to keep pace with a rapidly changing industry and continues celebrate the exciting and innovative successes of talented professionals working in the heart of the communications universe. Today, a Big Apple Award is recognized as one of the highest honors bestowed in public relations.
EXPLORE THE 2017 BIG APPLE AWARDS
Questions about the Big Apple Awards can be sent via e-mail to BigAppleAwards@prsany.org, or call 212.228.7228.